Answered By: Colin Kinson Last Updated: Jun 06, 2017 Views: 77
Students are permitted to bring a paper copy dictionary into an examination, unless this has been specifically precluded on the examination paper. Students whose first language is not English are also permitted to bring an approved paper copy translation dictionary except where language translation is being assessed. Conditions of use are as follows:
- Small pocket sized paper copy only
- Should be a clean copy and not contain any written or typed notes, additional pages or annotations of any kind.
- May not be loaned to other students in the exam venue.
- English dictionaries should have words and meanings only.
- Encyclopaedic, specialist or scientific dictionaries are not allowed unless stated on the examination rubric.
- Bilingual or Translation dictionaries should be word to word only (should give equivalent words or phrases in two languages without further text or explanation).
- Any dictionary brought into an examination venue will be considered to be the property of the student intending to use it and they will be responsible for ensuring that it meets conditions of use if permitted.
For more information please click please the Examination & Invigilation Procedures.