Answered By: Matthew Wiles Last Updated: Sep 16, 2016 Views: 117
All European and International students at Northumbria have an opportunity to study in-sessional ESAP programmes for Postgraduates and Undergraduates to help you develop your academic and English language skills in your Faculty and in your subject area.
The ESAP Programme (*formerly called ASk) is:
- Designed to fit in with your course timetable
- Delivered to students in each Faculty by academic language lecturers
This programme will help you with:
- Understanding assignment briefs & exam questions in your subject area
- Developing research and ‘critical writing’ skills
- Planning, structuring and referencing for assignments, reports, literature reviews and dissertations
- Designing & delivering presentations more effectively
- Discussing and refining your academic work at Northumbria
- Each year international Graduates tell us how the ESAP sessions help them develop their writing and research skills to meet the demands of their degree courses, and also enable them to communicate more effectively with their tutors and future employers.
For more information please contact your Faculty Office or Programme Leader.