Answered By: Matthew Wiles Last Updated: Feb 24, 2017 Views: 40
Along with the new Library Search, many improvements have been made to Northumbria University Library accounts, including extended borrowing limits and account access. The main new features are listed below:
- Library accounts have also been upgraded for all students and staff. From 16th August 2016, borrowing limits have been increased to 25 items for taught students and 35 items for PGRs and staff.
- You no longer need your Library PIN when logging in online or borrowing books.
- Any items you have on loan will be automatically renewed unless required by another reader up to a maximum loan period (4 months for taught students)
- An improved reservations process will recall requested items to ensure more readers can benefit from the Library Collection.
- A new ‘e-shelf’ in your library account allows you to keep a record of the resources you find and set up alerts for saved searches.