Answered By: Library Skills Development Last Updated: Feb 14, 2017 Views: 67
Northumbria University recommends that you use the Library Search facility when looking for books, journals and other resources.
When searching within Google Scholar, it is possible to display a notification with search results which shows whether Northumbria University Library has access to an item.
Follow these steps to configure Google Scholar:
- go to Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com/).
- at top right, click on the "Settings" heading.
- at left, click on "Library links".
- in the search box for "Library Links" enter "Northumbria University" and click on the search icon (magnifying glass).
- beneath the search box tick the option for Northumbria University and click "Save".
Thereafter, when a search is performed a link will appear to the right of items to which Northumbria University Library has access.