Answered By: Colin Kinson Last Updated: Jul 07, 2017 Views: 4951
Please access the Student Portal via the Northumbria University homepage and click on the My Info link on the left hand side of the page. Following this select Menu (the blue button at the top right of the screen), then the Letter Requests link. You will then be presented with a list of letters you can request or print. You can then generate and print a council tax exemption letter immediately by clicking on Request Letter.
If your address(es) are incorrect you will need to amend this yourself (by clicking on My Details rather than Letter Requests) or contact the Student Progress Team in Student Central, and then request another letter.
- What do I do with the letter after I have received it?
- Thank you for your comment, you will usually be required to present this letter to your local authority to claim exemption from council tax, please contact them directly for further information.
- What if I do not have a Letter Requests section available?
- Hi Siobhan thank you for your comment, if you are a current student you should have a letter requests section if this link is not there I suggest that you contact IT Services on 0191 227 4242 as it sounds like there may be a technical issue with your account. If you are still having problems, your faculty office may also be able to produce you a similar letter.
- There is no menu button to access the options. Therefore I cannot reach Letter request
- Hi Kate, thank you for your comment. If you're a current student I can't think of any reason you would be unable to see the menu button. You could try using a different browser, failing this please contact IT Services on 0191 227 4242 as there may be an unknown technical issue that has affected your ability to use this facility.