Answered By: Colin Kinson Last Updated: May 16, 2017 Views: 2514
The Simply Web service offers high performance access to Northumbria IT facilities via a wide range of devices which have a connection to the internet, including smartphones, tablets, iPads, iPhones, laptops and home computers.
How to use Simply Web
Simply Web Full Guide
1. Use a home computer, laptop or mobile device (not a university networked computer)
You can connect from off campus, but if using WiFi on campus you can use the following networks:
NU Simply Web - For laptops, iPads & tablets
NU Smartphone - For mobiles, smartphones & iPhone
2. Download the latest Citrix Receiver via the download site at www.northumbria.ac.uk/downloads or via your App Store if you’re using a smartphone.
3. Open the Citrix Receiver and register with your Northumbria email address:
At this point most devices require your username to be prefixed with the domain UNN. If this is not accepted, try without the prefix.
4. Connect to the Student Desktop or Staff Desktop
5. Each time you want to connect after that, just open your Citrix Receiver and connect to the Student or Staff Desktop.
You can also use the lite version of Simply Web by typing simplyweb.northumbria.ac.uk into the address bar of your browser and logging in using your Northumbria University username and password.
If you need help accessing University WiFi please see the FAQ 'How can I access Northumbria University WiFi?'
More guides can be found on the IT Guides For Students webpage.
If you would like more help or encounter any difficulties, please contact the IT Helpline for advice at any time, the IT Helpline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us on 0191 227 4242, email email@example.com or Open a Ticket in KnowHow at www.northumbria.ac.uk/knowhow