Answered By: Kate Erskine Last Updated: Sep 02, 2016 Views: 427
Your Northumbria University smartcard is:
- University ID card
- Library card
- Proof of student status to access the Stagecoach number 1 bus for free
- Access to buildings card
- Northumbria Students' Union membership card
- Attendance monitoring card
- Payment card for printing and photocopying
- It will also be used to access sports facilities if a subscription is taken with Northumbria University Sport for either Coach Lane or Sport Central
Your smartcard is non-transferable and may only be used by the person whose name and photograph appears on it. The card is valid for all campuses of Northumbria University and should be carried at all times.
The photo you uploaded as part of your enrolment will be the image that is printed onto your smartcard. If you have been unable to upload an image, don’t worry, you can have your photo taken when you arrive at one of the smartcard collection sessions.
It is important to do this at the earliest convenience as you will require your card to gain access to many parts of the campus. You will need to bring a valid form of photographic identification to collect your smartcard (either your passport or photo driving licence).
Cards that have been lost or stolen must be reported to an Ask4Help point. Replacement cards are charged at £10 per card. A charge is applied if the card has been lost or damaged. Any changes to a student’s first and /or surname will need to be verified by the Faculty office before a new smartcard can be produced
For further information on your Northumbria smartcard, please click here.