Q. Do I need to buy a TV Licence whilst staying in University Accomodation?


Yes, you will need to buy a TV licence if you use BBC iPlayer or watch or record programmes as they’re being shown live in the UK.

More information on TV Licence requirements can be found by online on the Accommodation webpage.

A TV licence is included in your rent in premium rooms at Liberty Quay. A TV licence is also included in shared kitchen/lounge areas in Liberty Quay, Bryson Court and Marshall Court. You will need to provide your own TV licence in all other residences including the shared kitchen/lounge area in Liberty Central. 


  • Last Updated Jul 05, 2019
  • Views 154
  • Answered By Rachel Branson

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0