Q. Where can I get independent academic advice and support?
Northumbria Students' Union offers free impartial and independent advice and support on a range of issues for students at the University. This includes:
- Academic misconduct allegations
- Appeals against exam board decisions
- Complaints against schools or University services
- Disciplinary panels and professional suitability issues
- Personal extenuating circumstances
- Other situations where you might be in conflict with the University
If you require general advice and support with academic work please contact your Guidance Tutor. In addition, the University Library Skills Plus webpage has range of guides that can assist with referencing, planning assignments, research skills and more.