Answered By: Faye Blackburn
Last Updated: Jul 30, 2018     Views: 227

As an international student studying at Northumbria, there are some things you need to do to ensure your stay in the UK runs smoothly. Some international students are required to register with the Police and, if you do not do so, this could affect your right to stay in the UK. 

For further guidance about registering with the Police, please click on the links below to see if your country is listed:

UK Visas and registering with the Police 
UKCISA - Registering with the Police

If you are from one of the countries listed then you are required to register with the police and you MUST complete the online application within seven days of arriving in the UK or if you are required to collect a BRP card please submit your application after collecting your BRP card.

If you have any concerns or queries about registering with the police, contact the Welfare, International, and Funding team either by calling: 0191 227 4127 or raising an enquiry on the Student Portal.


Submit a Question

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.
I agree to the processing of the information which I submit, to deal with my request and in line with Northumbria University privacy policies. Learn more about how we process your personal data.