If you are paying all or part of an employee's tuition fees the University will require a letter for every academic year of sponsorship. The letter will need to be on company letterhead paper, please make sure the letterhead includes the company address, email address and telephone number, otherwise this will cause delays in processing.
The letter must also contain the following information:
- Student number, Student Name
- The amount or the percentage of the sponsorship
- The Academic Year / Years, the sponsorship applies
- Relevant Contact person and their e-mail address in the Company
- Purchase Order number must be quoted by your company in order for us to validate the sponsor letter. If no purchase order is required confirmation via email will be required.
- Any other Reference, that the sponsor would like to be quoted by the university when we request for payment
- A VAT Registration Number if the company has one, if not, this must be stated in the letter
This letter can be sent to the university as a scanned e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask your employee to upload it to their Student Portal
by raising an enquiry.
Please note that it is your responsibility to hand in a sponsor letter in time. If the university does not receive a sponsor letter, the student will be invoiced and would be held liable for paying the fees.
Payment Terms – All invoices should be paid in 30 Days of the invoice date. Delay in making payments could lead to students losing access to the university facilities.
If you have any queries and need to contact us you can call Ask4Help on 0191 227 4646, please bear in mind you will need to pass security questions relating to your employee if you need to discuss their Finance issues in relation to fee payments. If we have consent on record (have received the sponsor letter) we can discuss this with you.
Note for students – please do not provide your tuition fee invoice to your sponsor for payment, as payment terms for students differ to sponsor payment terms which can cause delays in receiving payment.