Answered By: Ay Okpokam
Last Updated: Oct 10, 2018     Views: 31

If the artwork you wish to photograph is held witihin an art gallery or museum you will need to have permission from them to take a photograph. You will also need to get additional permissions if you wish to use it for anything other than personal use. This is the case even if copyright of the artwork has expired as the owner has the right to place restrictions on how the work is accessed.

For more information about obtaining permission, please visit our University Library's copyright webpages

Related Topics

Submit a Question

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.
I agree to the processing of the information which I submit, to deal with my request and in line with Northumbria University privacy policies. Learn more about how we process your personal data.