Answered By: Elaine Andrew Last Updated: Jul 06, 2018 Views: 1065
There are two ways for visitors to connect to the WiFi network at Northumbria:
Visitors from other UK universities can log on to our WiFi network using the username and password from their home university or college, as long as their institution is an Eduroam member. For further information please click the following link: Eduroam at Northumbria
Visitors that are not able to connect via Eduroam can use the free cloud WiFi network WiFi Guest to access the Internet via their own equipment while on campus. WiFi Guest is provided for visitors to University Open Days and Events and not recommended for permanent use.
Here are the steps to get connected:
- From the device connect to the network WiFi Guest
- On The Cloud landing page locate the box Get online at Northumbria University and click Go
- Scroll down to select Create Account
- Enter some details and the account will be created.
- The device will then be connected to WiFi Guest
If you’d like to get setup ahead of time, you can register for an account beforehand then all you’ll need to do is login: https://service.thecloud.net/service-platform/login/registration/